Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some other multiplayer games you can try
18.12.2019, 00:36 UTC (This post was last modified: 26.12.2019 10:53 UTC by Cuchillo_Baishan.)
Announcement Some other multiplayer games you can try
They are all from the same gaming age, they are still somehow "secretly" alive in the form of community-made multiplayer modes (after GameSpy closed), however we still don't have our own servers yet for these great games. Maybe next year!

Here I will post instructions for connecting to the public servers still available in Far Cry, F.E.A.R. Combat and Vietcong legacy shooters.

If you still have issues, describe them and I will try to help you Smile (If you also need extra game files, contact me!)

1) Far Cry

-Having the original disc/ISO version installed will likely give you less problems than the GOG version, patched to 1.4 as well. Steam version also works well, I believe.

-Download the FCLoader v5.2 Installer from farcrylraddon.de downloads section.Install it on your Far Cry game folder.

-Start the FCloader program and choose the option LR3. Answer "yes" to the question about loading Far Cry.The game will now load with this mp addon enabled, which allows you to connect to the "Last Resistance" community master server, and so to download the servers list.

-The first screen you will see is the old Ubisoft account login, which now is defunct. Click "cancel", and then choose the "multiplayer" menu option. There you have several tabs, and the useful one with the servers available online we are looking for, is: Internet (LR). You should be now seeing a handful of servers, just like this:

[Image: 20191217233128-1.jpg]

Credit to the Last Resistance community: FarCry Online Multiplayer Community If you enjoy it and you're kind, they welcome donations, and I guess the clan servers owners, too.

2) F.E.A.R. Combat

-This multiplayer component is standalone and does not require you to have the original F.E.A.R. game installed. Then be advised, the file is also nearly the size of the original game, and to play in servers, maps need to be downloaded when joining any of them.

-Register with the F.E.A.R. Combat Community to obtain a key, they will send it to your email address: Get Access To Play FEAR Combat (SC2)

-Once you have your key available, install the F.E.A.R. Combat (SEC2) v2.0.1 Stable multiplayer component. During installation, you will be asked for a key, type the one sent to your email address.

-Make sure to manually give firewall permissions to this game, and after first time loading, the list of servers should be visible.

-Now, the problem is that queries for available servers often are inconsistent on sucesive starts (meaning servers not appearing), so it is recommended to apply a small server finder patch to your game folder. This way online servers available will be always visible.

-Download and extract the Find Servers content to the main directory of the game (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Sierra\FEAR Combat (SEC2)\). Start FindServers.hta to join the servers from launcher. Create a shortcut to desktop of the FindServers.hta to join servers even faster.

You should be now seeing a handful of servers, just like this:

[Image: 20191215210456-1.jpg]

Credit to the F.E.A.R. Combat Community: F.E.A.R. Combat Community and thanks to the Last Remain dutch F.E.A.R. clan: The Last Remain clan. If you enjoy it and you're kind, they welcome donations, and I guess the clan servers owners, too.

3) Vietcong

-This game just requires to make a small modification to update the windows hosts file (located in directory C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\) so network queries will be redirected from GameSpy to Vietcong1.eu Community master server.

-Copy the hosts file to your desktop location in order to to avoid write permissions issues, and change the file name adding a ".txt" extention at the end of the name. Open the file with the Notepad program.

-Add the following line to the end of the file: 46.28.109.117 master.gamespy.com. Save the file and then, change the name again removing the ".txt" extension you previously added.

-This file will replace the original hosts file located in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\. Move the desktop file to this directory, replacing the original. I recommend to move the original first to a safe location for safety, then put your modified file in its place.

-Load the Vietcong game, go to "Multiplayer", then another menu "Internet", and press refresh.

You should be now seeing a handful of servers, just like this:

[Image: 20191215210559-1.jpg]

Credit to the Vietcong1.eu Community Vietcong1.eu. If you enjoy it and you're kind, they welcome donations, and I guess the clan servers owners, too.

That's all for now folks! Hopefully you will like these games, and there could be a few more coming soon! Smile

Genocide Watch GameSurge
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21.12.2019, 18:48 UTC
RE: Some other multiplayer games you can try
Thanks for the informations. I think i could install Far Cry; i have the original disc Smile
Find all posts by this user
23.12.2019, 19:07 UTC
I have vietcong installed on my old classic computer and I have just purchased farcry on gog Smile

Skoosh Signature

Skoosh Signature 2
26.12.2019, 11:19 UTC (This post was last modified: 26.12.2019 11:21 UTC by Cuchillo_Baishan.)
That's great, guys, hopefully we will be playing some matches soon!

Krieger, the main person behind the Far Cry online community, contacted me some days ago on our TS, we had a good chat. He offered me some help to create and host a dedicated server, but unfortunately there is not a Linux version. He also let me know that there are some FC tournaments scheduled regularly during the year, and we are all welcome to register and play, no matter the skill level. Info here:

http://farcry-wars.com/

For the time being, it probably will be enough to try find some time to join and play on the servers together, I guess.

I'm also gathering some more info on the mp status of 2 other games: SWAT 4 and Medal Of Honor: Pacific Assault. If I find something interesting, it'll be added on here.

Genocide Watch GameSurge
27.12.2019, 21:53 UTC (This post was last modified: 27.12.2019 21:54 UTC by Skoosh.)
This game patch is very strange as it was working yesterday but now I get this error.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Skoosh Signature

Skoosh Signature 2
28.12.2019, 16:58 UTC (This post was last modified: 28.12.2019 16:59 UTC by Cuchillo_Baishan.)
(27.12.2019 21:53 UTC)Skoosh Wrote:  This game patch is very strange as it was working yesterday but now I get this error.

I checked and have the same issue as you today. It is down, probably just for maintenance.

Genocide Watch GameSurge
29.12.2019, 13:25 UTC (This post was last modified: 29.12.2019 13:29 UTC by Krieger.)
Hello everyone Smile

I've just registered myself on your Forums, hope that fine with you^^

We're having atleast once a year some downtime... Mostly arround the end of the year. We're 99% of the time a full 24/7 service. However, we've just had an issue with the https/ssl with Let's Encrypted. While that hasn't been fixed, FarCry is not properly resolving our MasterServer.

I take it as next week everything will be back to normal.
Hope that doesn't make our patch look strange too much. I hate issues at that point. Since we always want to offer a fully working FarCry.
I will keep you guys up to date, once everything is back online then let's play! Smile

Hope FarCry might get it's own Forum section too, like all other games someday Smile
However, if any questions are arround I'm ready to answer them whenever.

Best regads
Kr!eger
30.12.2019, 20:29 UTC
Hello everyone Smile

Our services are back online. Sorry for the delay during the weekend. Now everything is back to normal. FarCry can be played now again Smile

https://farcrylraddon.de/

Regards
Kr!eger
31.12.2019, 01:33 UTC
Thank you Krieger but unfortunetly I have ran into yet another problem Sad

As you can see from my screenshots the enviroment and textures don't load.

Sadly I think I will need have to pass on this game.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Skoosh Signature

Skoosh Signature 2
31.12.2019, 02:56 UTC
Hey Skoosh,

Hm... That looks weird. I've never seen such an issue in my whole gaming lifetime.
You could try to load the game with Administration-Rights and with Compatibility-Mode on Windows XP Service Pack 3.

Another question might be if DirectX 9 needed version is installed. However, guess so. Last thing would be that the Graphics Driver isn't or the newest. Also I remember certain graphical issues in case someone had a very old Card and the newest drivers. Then it was needed to get an older driver. However I guess you got a quite newer PC.

Best regards
Kr!eger