Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some other multiplayer games you can try
31.12.2019, 09:55 UTC (This post was last modified: 31.12.2019 09:58 UTC by Cuchillo_Baishan.)
RE: Some other multiplayer games you can try
@Krieger, I'm very glad that you registered with us, and that FarCry MP is back online again, a small issue after all.

This way, if anyone trying the game is facing troubles on here, like @Skoosh, it will be easier to sort them out straight. I know for a fact Windows 10 is causing a lot of headaches with older directx 9 games, and their system of scheduling regular forced updates on users is not helping either...I dread the day I'll have to upgrade.

The special answers about my Linux Virtual Dedicated Server, I'm going to answer them in your forum with some screen captures of what I have.

Cheers and HNY to everyone. Smile

Genocide Watch GameSurge
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09.01.2020, 17:12 UTC
Tested out FarCry today with Cuchillo and everything works, we should have a event night some time soon on it Wink

[Image: fcscreencapture.jpg]

Skoosh Signature

Skoosh Signature 2
Find all posts by this user
17.01.2020, 23:23 UTC
Hey hey!

I'm glad you were able to fix the issues Smile
What's been causing these Graphic issues?

In the mean time that we try out the ways with linux to get a FarCry server working. I would offer you Cuchillo a FarCry Gameserver with FTP access. Then you can configure it the way you want and then you've got a server Smile

We could meet at TeamSpeak. I could explain you all commands and variables able for Administrators.

Best regards
Kr!eger
28.03.2020, 17:21 UTC
Another great multiplayer game of 2005 vintage, is

SWAT 4 and its expansion pack, SWAT 4: The Stetchkov Syndicate

Many people seem to be quite unaware that Multiplayer mode of SWAT 4 is still working, this tutorial will teach you how you can play it online once again Smile

Requirements :

-a copy of SWAT 4 or SWAT 4 The Stetchkov Syndicate (available on GOG, DRM-Free, or any old DVD copy/iso image)
-SWAT 4 Stats Master Server Patch (optional)
-SWAT 4 Server Browser Alternative (optional)

Joining Multiplayer servers :

There are 3 methods you can follow, Choose the one you find the easiest for you, and if you failed to follow one properly or one of these just didn't work for you, try the other ones :

1/ In-game Server Browser fix (Recommended) :

-You can get the SWAT 4 Stats Master server patch from here, This will let you browse Servers hosted on SWAT 4 Stats Master server from your Ingame Server browser, the Master server may be taken down sometimes so be sure to try the other methods below if this one doesn't work for you.

2 / External Alternative Server Browser :

-Download and Install SWAT 4 Server Browser Alternative.
-Open it and Click options.
-Select the SWAT 4 version you wish to use to join servers.
-Locate the executable file of the game (which should be located in the game directory).
-Click "Refresh"
-Double Click the server you wish to join.

3 / Adding server Manually :

-Copy a server's IP Address, I Recommend checking SWAT 4 Stats Tracker and Gametracker for lists of servers with active players.
-From the game Main Menu, Click "Join game" and then Click "Direct IP"
-Paste the IP Address for the server (The Full IP + :Port) eg : 178.54.193.10:10490
-Click "ok".

[Image: 20200328152822_1.jpg]

Credit to sergeii (Sergei Khoroshilov) and clans who maintain the servers. If you enjoy it and you're kind, he welcomes donations to support the master server project, and I guess the clan servers owners, too.

Genocide Watch GameSurge
30.03.2020, 12:17 UTC
I have only played swat4 a handful of times but it's a very nice game.

Will have to install it again at some point and give it a go Smile

Skoosh Signature

Skoosh Signature 2
Find all posts by this user
10.04.2020, 23:40 UTC
Hello Everyone!

I'm back so far Smile

I've been here pretty often, atleast I've read all posts. However I haven't answered them.
I do remember some post on here, where my innactivaty was discussed, but I've just been innactive due to other reasons.

However, I'm about to have some more time during this eastern.

The current state of illness hasn't actually made me be at home.
Actually I'm still working everyday and it has become more stressy at some point.

Are their any news besides Foxtare? Smile

Anyone up for a game at FarCry next times?

Best and healthy regards
Kr!eger
11.04.2020, 09:10 UTC (This post was last modified: 11.04.2020 09:11 UTC by Cuchillo_Baishan.)
Hi, @Krieger, good to see you back.

After February I started to build the stats system for the source games we currently host, took a lot of time and still is not completely finished, as issues continue arising over geolocation features and maxmind crazy database format changes. Not to mention the new sourcemod plugins testing...

So I was planning a Source games weekend event for Easter to take place, but had to pospone it until the stats thing is solved. Last one we did was UT2004.

After the epidemic mess, there was more traffic and players for a while, but people are already suffering the mind consequences of the lockdown (and the economic meltdown...) I was sent home too, don't know for how long. Possibly returning to Spain very soon.

I played some Far Cry campaign last week, it never bores me this game. I can still connect and join mp servers, but unfortunately other community members are not so lucky, or have to face bigger problems in their lives? Sad

This Saturday if I manage to stay awake and not fall asleep, then I'll join a bit.

Take care and good wishes. For Krieger and for everybody!

Genocide Watch GameSurge